CORE_LPC17 Module - Where is IC3 Located?

cosmosuave

I have planned to power my LPC Module with J2 5v from a mini ATX PS instead of USB... As mentioned below I cannot find IC3 on the board is it suppose to menan IC6 as this is 7805 voltage regulator... When I apply 5v to J2 the LCD's pulse off and on and work properly when supplied via USB (J17 jumper installed)

Thanks...

Brian

For Jumper J2...

When used as +5V input: for supplying the core from an external stabilized Power Supply Unit (PSU). The voltage regulator (IC3) doesn't need to be connected, also the rest of the voltage stabilization circuit between J1 and J2 (X1, C8, C9) can be left out. If the core module (and all connected modules to this branch) drains more than 100 mA, it's recommended to mount C8 directly to J2 (a small cable between the outer soldering pads of the left-out 7805 will do this)

Removed IC6 and replaced it with a jumper but still getting the pulsing on and off with the LCDs... Should I remove all this as well "also the rest of the voltage stabilization circuit between J1 and J2 (X1, C8, C9) can be left out. " Just a note my voltage supply is 5v from a micro ATX PS and my meter is reading 5v from it...

Think I toasted my PS as it arced out on it's case now I am not getting any voltage... Arrrrggghhh why did choose to make this non USB powered with the CV/gate board... I do not want to use 2 seperate power supplies for this... Surely someone here has done what I am trying to do...

Sorry frustrated at the moment...

Edited by cosmosuave

• 1 month later...

Need some help on this....

I just got a new PS and I am supplying the core board with 5v... Upon start up I got the blinking led on the expresso board and the LCD's display but dimly when the contrast and brightness adjusted this is when I removed IC6 (7805) and jumpered pin1 to pin3 ... Also notes say to do the following....

When used as +5V input: for supplying the core from an external stabilized Power Supply Unit (PSU). The voltage regulator (IC3) doesn't need to be connected, also the rest of the voltage stabilization circuit between J1 and J2 (X1, C8, C9) can be left out. If the core module (and all connected modules to this branch) drains more than 100 mA, it's recommended to mount C8 directly to J2 (a small cable between the outer soldering pads of the left-out 7805 will do this)

I removed X1 and now when I apply the 5v at J1 nothing powers up... Do I need to remove those other components as mentioned? I am hitting a roadblock with this and need to get past so I can focus on the AOUT and control surface... It is all good when powered via USB but I do not plan to use the sequencer with a computer... I keep soldering and desoldering parts and eventually I will have no pads to solder to...

Appreciate some guidance...

Thanks...

bri

J2: When used as +5V input: for supplying the core from an external stabilized Power Supply Unit (PSU). The voltage regulator (IC6) doesn't need to be connected, also the rest of the voltage stabilization circuit between J1 and J2 (X1, C8, C9) can be left out. If the core module (and all connected modules to this branch) drains more than 100 mA, it's recommended to mount C8 directly to J2 (a small cable between the outer soldering pads of the left-out 7805 will do this).

So you need to apply the voltage to J2 and not J1. J1 is directly connected to X1, so it does make sense that you don't get any power up. Also you do not need to remove components. You could have just left them as is. It only states you can leave them out (to save on components).