Speed of a v4l setup in a v4

blingy

Hello, as I am plugging things back in to make some new tracks I'm still tempted to use the v4l over my v4 as I believe laying down a loop to be much faster with it. Particularly since I'm using chords. What is the best way to set up my v4 so it is as quick to get to recording as the v4l? Is it possible?

Hi Blingy,

just save an empty session template with a few tracks already configured in chord mode with the tracklength and midi port/channel configuration you need. Then after loading the session or turning on the SEQ, just press "record" and you are ready to go, quite straightforward :)

Many greets,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Ok another question. Is there a way to change the selected note in drum mode with an encoder? I saw in the old seq v2 drum mode you used to be able to...seems nice. The trigger c thing works ok, but I sort of like the 606 style selection. I often need 2 hands to select a drum.

OK thanks TK, switching drums is easier from the trig c selection in edit mode than going back to the event setup. The easiest thing would be the lemur BLM but it seems like some columns are not responsive after the most recent lemur update. I'll look into it more tonight.

Edited by blingy