Help with my DIN

Synergic

hi!i´m spanish so my english is quite bad..sorry.

i have now coneccted 1 core module with 18f pic,2 ain modules and 1din.if it works i have another din and 1 dout.ok the problem is that i cant enter on the menu.i think that buttons doesnt work...i tried burning ain64_din128_dout128,and with midiox i see(and in the lcd) that a lot of midi signals comes from ain...but the din??how can i know if it works?

note:ain input for pot ar no grounded.

thanks!! ;)

Ground the Pots and the problem is solved (you also can ground the Pins of the jumper which go to the Core - just not the 5V one clearly).

Normally you dont see if the buttons are pressed or not. And also a possible problem is that the PIC is just stuffed up with working up the incoming data drom the AIN.

Thats certainly MIOS: If MIOS is installed it displays "ready" in the LCD and is now waiting for the application to come. This is normal.

Now just send the code into the Midi In (Sysex code over Midi!) and your app. is installed and should come up.

btw: The installation procedure is stated very clearly on the page (ucapps - howtos). Just look up there again and everything should be clear.

Greets :)

• 1 month later...

Hello, Im havin alot of trouble with my DIN.  The menu button is the only one that sends data, but a whole lot of it.  When I press it the LCD turns on but doesn't display anything.  It stays lit until I press the menu button again, then it displays a row of boxes and dissappears, and the backlight shuts off.  The rest of the buttons are non-responsive.  I checked them with a DVM for shorts, but couldn't find any.

Thanks

-Jost

You were absolutely right!!  There was a small short on my DIN module.  With that one corrected, my menu button no longer sends a string of data to MIDI-OX, but now the Snapshot button is doing that, and again none of the other buttons are working.  Might there still be shorts somewhere?

BTW-When is the LCD supposed to display the ready message?  I haven't seen this happen yet.

Well, you haven't told us where you've found the error exactly, who should know if there are more similar errors?

I guess: yes ;-)

The ready message will only be displayed after the upload of MIOS, and it will be overwritten once you upload an application

Best Regards, Thorsten.

;D Fantastic!! The short was between VS and VD near IC1 where the wire bridge is on the bottom side. The CLK solder joint of IC 1 was bridged to VS.

I will try to be more specific in stating my problems.  Newbie mistake #1 HAHA   ;)

All the buttons are now working.  Thanks for directing me to the problem area.  :)

-Jost