SEQ V4 LPC1769, Target not marked as debuggable error in LPC software

I've been scratching my eyes out trying to figure why I can't load the MIOS bootloader onto my LPC board. I've tried using the LPC IDE on some of my other machines but had no luck getting them to communicate with the LPC board via USB. I plugged the LPC into my Windows 7 laptop today and I finally got the Program Flash window to pop up successfully.

Now when I try to flash the LPC I am getting an error in the IDE software, "Target is not marked as debuggable". I've read a few posts here that suggest trying different USB cables and I've tried 3 different ones so far with no luck. I've also tried playing around with some of the debugging options in the IDE, setting debugging to "none" in the Perspectives panel, also toggling Vector caching to True as NXP's documents suggest, but neither has fixed the issue.

The only other option I have to try is installing a newer version of the IDE software (I'm running an older version, 5 I believe) but I'm really upset at this error message!

Any suggestions on how to fix this so I can flash MIOS onto my LPC board would be appreciated. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

You are doing everything right.

I've no additional idea why it shouldn't be possible to program the target with this IDE version. :-/

You even tried multiple PCs... somehow I've the impression that the LPCXPRESSO module is defective.

Best Regards, Thorsten.