Suggestions and questions about MB SID (Step C)

Hermes

Hello to everyone

Just some ideas about modifications regarding the MB SID Control surface

1) Would it be possoble for one more rotary encoder to be added, which would be dedicated to selecting patches from the Bank Stick?

2) If rotary encoders with a built in button are used, could this built in button be used to change the function of each encoder individually?  (i.e. one press would switch the function from decay to transpose, a second press would swittch the function form transpose to assign #1, a third press would switch the fuction again to Decay etc.)

If 1) and 2) are possible will it be necessary to add more DIN modules?

3) Is it possible for a Potentiometer  to be added as well, so as to contol the overall volume output of the synthesizer?

Thnks in advance

Best regards

Dimitris

1) no idea if possible, but if neccesary: If you start up the SID, this is the standard function of that enc right next to the LCD. If you want to switch to another Patch after sound programming just hit the menu button until youre back in the patch mode and use that encoder. So it´s not *reeeaaally* needed.

2) I think this could be possible, since you  would have some encs saved, which open up more DINs. But thats some programming, I´m not into. Already done & also quite useful: Use that built in button instead of normal buttons (e.g. The first enc of LFO also controls the LFO Nr. the second one the LFO waveform).

3) Certainly, thats to easy: Just mix down your SIDs to one signal and bring it to a log pot (it SHOULD be log this time) like that:

----POT----

|      |     |

sig out gnd

That pot should be like 10k or so. Easy to add. Not saved (just analog solution), but whatever.

Greets.