Back in action w/MB-6582

Blatboy

Greetings.  Just wanted to give a little update.  Work got crazy for a year or two, and now things are slowing down again.  My MB-6582 is working ok, but still has some (notes occasionally sticking, encoders tripping out)   I have, off and on, opened it up and cleaned it up more.  I think most my issues have involved the connection of the ribbon cables that go between the main board and the control surface.  Now that I have all those connections pretty solid (with heat shrink) it seems to be behaving better.

In general, I've been spending more time on my electronics bench and honing in my skills.  I've begun work and am almost finished building my own benchtop variable voltage power supply for projects.  I'm taking an electronics mentoring course with Jeff Blekinsopp (synth tech w/Pink Floyd...a designer on the Voyetra Eight, etc etc) and as my project in the class I'll be building a new linear power supply for my MB-6582.  Hopefully, this also will help.  I'm still not 100% sure I can depend on it for a live gig.  (This, of course, is my own fault as I probably jumped into the MB-6582 before I really had the skills.)

Assuming I can get this thing really solid (and I feel I can)... perhaps a MIDIbox SEQ is in my near(ish) future?  Hmmmm.   Well, one thing at a time.

Thanks again for all your help.

Edited by Blatboy