Problem with keys and runsection-command

FantomXR

Hey people,

I have a simple keyboard which is scanned with a DIO-module. It works flawlessly.

In addition I have a floorboard with a few buttons on it. I use the RECEIVER / SENDER functionality of NG to run sections with the floorboard.

The problem is: If I press a key on the keyboard and one of those buttons on the floorboard simultaneously, the key won't be recognized. I use the floorboard to switch between sounds. So that's kinda problem ;)

Is there a workaround for that problem? I already tried using different ports without success. 

Thank you very much!
Chris

Hi TK,

yes, exactly.

I created an EVENT_RECEIVER with the CC the floorboard sends. I forward it to a SENDER and this one calls an section via type=meta meta=runsection:2.

The sense behind that is, that the floorboard should send ascending programchanges (first step PC0, second step PC1, and so on) and a second button resets the value and it starts from zero. This is a separate script section and is called by runsection:3. Also this section has only three lines. So it's not a lot of code going through this.

Finally I use a Dummy-LED for storing the values.

I can post the code tomorrow.

Hi,

no further information required - it's a known limitation of the .NGR approach, and there is no workaround.

However, you are now the second guy who describes a use case which requires an improvement.

See also: 

So, more likely I will work on a solution - anytime soon ;)

Best Regards, Thorsten.