automated analog console via MIDIbox

Mickael

Hello, I am trying to build myself an analog mixer and I'd like to use the MIDIbox project to automate certain function of the console.

I have some small questions suddenly I allows me to create a topic that will lead me to my idea to ask different problem than I can meet. Thank you in advance for your help.

So I like to know if an LED matrix can be diverted to control relay?

If this is not possible, can i use several CORE_STM32F4 card to increase the number of input output?

Hello Mickael

welcome to the midibox forum, I see you already open the same topic in french section, I'm french too, but I think you will have more success with the english section.

So to reply to your first question, I don't see any problem to replace led by transistor driving relay in a matrix, what function you want to do with matrixed relay?

For the second question, yes you can use several core. To my knowledge you can output multiple chained core to a single midi channel as there is midi router in mios 32. You can also use them as completely separated midi device of course

Best

Zam

Thank you Zam, My project is to build a 32 channels console with 10 automated buttons for each channels and with motorized fader for each. but that is 320 input and output, but with 1 card I can have only 256 input and output. So I need use a matrix or more card. The automation will be controlled by Daw like cubase. In addition to that I would like to include the subgroups mute and control (play, rec, stop, etc ...).

So if i can use use several core, it's ok for my project.

Ok FET mute, maybe be careful with the relay even for gate switching it can be noisy at audio side, keep the optocouper option in mind.

Also for info if you decide to use mute for mix automation, the feedback is not so fast ... if you press a mute button at controller side the DAW reply by a note on to light the mute led, and this happen only once per second. It's OK as a visual information for mute status, but not to control in real time (let say in the mS range) any kind of audio switching.

Zam

But MIDIbox can be played with a MIDI keyboard in real time so normally it can follow. and when I press the mute button MIDIbox sending the signal to daw but also directly to the output. it is only during the reading phase of daw it sends the information directly to the relay and it does much more than once a second. fans my first try I have no latency and switches several times per second. but I did the test with only one button and one relay. For now it works well. I have not specified but the daw will be used only operating automation. another computer will be dedicated to audio spot.

Of course you are right, sorry to not have been so clear.

There is absolutly no problem if you send/receive the data to/from DAW midi track and/or any other midi device.

As you talk about "automated mixing console" I have in mind the HUI MCU protocole (still midi), which in some way is not fully bidirectional in "real time". Solo and mute status led scanning is one example.

Best

Zam