live recording setting

escargot

is there a setting somewhere to adjust the live recording (jam) so it doesn't wipe out whats been recorded on the next round of the sequence? or do we need to press something at the end of the sequence to toggle recording off? can it be predefined like track one records for 1 bar then plays, track 2 is 4 bars....etc

thanks

they were wiping. and now i don't know what i've done but its ok (changed some routings, i think my master keys/synth was being triggered by another keyboard and may have caused the SEQ to record some blanks??)

at the same time, i couldn't toggle the chords on/off by pressing on the step button. now its ok again, but i don't know what changed. 

I was trying to solve my other issue which was chords entry: 

i was entering track type chord and then jam live recording chord: that was a mess. i understand now that you need to enter track type note and jam live recording chord to live record polyphonically. 

for entering manually the track type predefined chords A->p is there a keyboard map somewhere? that would be one fingered chords. 

thnks

i was entering track type chord and then jam live recording chord: that was a mess. i understand now that you need to enter track type note and jam live recording chord to live record polyphonically. 

for entering manually the track type predefined chords A->p is there a keyboard map somewhere? that would be one fingered chords.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're after, but you have to use a Loopback track to control the track with the Chord parameter layer to get all the chords in a key (e.g. C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am Hdim), instead of chords with the same root note.

Personally I find polyphonic note recording into multiple note layers easier than using a chord layer + loopback, because it can be done with just one track and I don't remember which letter stood for which chord. Chord layers might be useful if the number of available note layers is limited, though.

Also, note that even if you choose Track Type 'Note' or 'Chord' and then initialize the track, you can always change the individual layers to whatever you like. I guess the only fundametal difference is between Drum and the other track types; consider 'Note', 'CC' and 'Chord' track types as just convenient presets, which you can change. So if you have chosen Track Type 'Note', you can change any of the parameter layers into a chord layer on the Event page, where on the right LCD you can choose Parameter Layer (<i>Layer</i>, GP knob 9) and what that layer does (<i>controls</i>, GP knob 10).