Finally a new start to a MB6582 :)

dreamer

• 3 weeks later...

So i'm almost that far that i can put first power on my new MB6582 Base board. I wondering about a measurement before i continue. 

In this example i'm measuring on J4 "pin GND" and "pin 5V" I did 2 measurments:

1st - Continuity test (With beep on multimeter) ==> NO BEEP WAS HEARD, so no continuity.

2nd - Ohm measurement ==> Measuring about 2.330 kOhm as seen in the picture.

Now my question is this a short or is this normal?

Grtz

Sid-Measurements01.jpg

Hola,

I would not worry, there is no short, the measured resistance is caused by some components already in place.

(Is that a switching regulator right to your probes? Which "MB6582 Baseboard Power Option" type are you building?)

Recommendation: measure again without ICs installed, when the PSU is attached and you turned on the unit. Then, there should be around +5V across the PIC power pins... 

Many greets,

Peter

So the first mb6582 i build back in 2011 i have still laying around and i'm considering te repair / rebuild the base board (will be alot of work to desolder / solder almost everything). But i'm not sure if it's wise to re-use this board. I would love to have a new MB6582 baseboard or set but i don't know if someone still has them. 

And I need a c64 style power switch. Or some other power switch that fits the layout. Are there any other power switches around that fit? Don't want to desolder another original C64.. :(

Old PSU section on it.. (That reminds me need to have 7 pins din connector also) Lots of low quality components on it resulting in lots of noise. Bad soldering.. Strange behaviour on CS thats probally caused by bad soldering on the base. Also wrong jack outputs on the board that do not fit the layout. 

When i listened to the new board i soldered i allready noticed the big difference in sound quallity.. Thats why i also want to replace the components on the old board. And hopefully also solving the behaviour of the CS board.

Edited by dreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...