can i use this joystick?

arumblack

I have 'bout similar question: Our local Electronics shop has this pretty small joystick (3x3cm), with 10k pots, but it has "self centering axel" (I don't really know how it should be described). (You can find picture of it from lower part of this pdf: http://www.spelektroniikka.fi/kuvat/2.pdf)

I want to remove those springs or whatever, so it would stay where set.. have anyone done this kind of modification for some joystick before?!

bye, Samppa

thank you rogic, i was unsure and the only things i ever saw here where 10k.

To Benni, i believe you could possibly use the playstation joysticks, but you'd really have to take one apart to  see what your working with. i beleive they are analog pots inside though, well, what else could they be?

If you've luck (and a good power supply) 50k could work without jittering values. 10k is the maximum suggested impedance for the analog inputs - this value can be found in the PIC18F452 datasheet (AC/DC characteristics).

Alternatively you could maybe add a small (transistor based) amplifier in order to lower the output impedance of the joystick.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you Thorsten! i will try to use them as they are... if they've got any left to order... if i have a problem i will have to figure out this amplifier thing .... it will be  a while before i get to try it, but i ant to order them now as $5.00 seems cheap to me. doesnt say wether they spring back, but if they do i'll either live with it or try to alter them.