are the drum track instruments configurable?

EsotericLabs

My build is in a wait-for-parts phase so I  started philosophizing about my use case.  Are the drum track instruments configurable?

I mean: it makes perfect sense to follow the GM  mappings of notes to drum instruments (C Kick,  D Snare, etc), most devices and soft synths work that way.   Some samplers, however load one drum instrument to one part on one midi channel, e.g. the new Korg Electribes.  In that case, it would make sense to map all instruments to notes C3 on different channels (9 kick, 11 clap, 12 snare, 13 closed 14 open hihhat 15 crash 16 ride). That's why I wondered whether drum track instruments are configurable in the SEQ v4. I think seq_layer.c has them hard coded, am I correct?

Would a configuration page for drum instruments (note, channel) make sense for others too? 

Edited by EsotericLabs

Hola,

On the Track Events page, where you set the track mode to "DRUM", you can configure the MIDI notes sent out for every one of the drums (BD, Snare ...). Does this help?

Other than that, you would need a different MBSEQ track, if different output channels (not only different notes) are needed. But it often makes sense to separate drums anyways, so you can mix/blend them nicely when playing live :)

If it is really necessary, a little MIDI processor (e.g. in form of a custom small MIDIbox core) might help to achieve your original goal...

Many greets,

Peter

You're welcome! The NG or MIDIO would most likely do the trick! The flatsequencer also works nicely together with the piano - i have not done any optical improvements yet (black aluminum profiles) due to general lack of time atm, but it is on the (long) list! :-)

Many greets and enjoy!

Peter