Prgch and CC layers

mongrol

Hi,

I've noticed that CC tracks, once enabled send the CC layer value every step that has gate enabled. This means that whenever you enable a step you have to adjust the CC to the value you want, even if it's the same as the previously set value. This is a bit disruptive to workflow but may be mitigated a bit by using ALL to set an initial value for all steps in the track.

However, it also does this with PrgCh's which isn't what you want at all if you have a slow changing synth. If these tracks had a default position of Null meaning don't send data unless specifically set to a value, instead of the current situation it would help a lot.

I had great fun forcing my A-90 piano to prgch to a random patch every step for 256 steps at 200bpm. :)

This is a bit disruptive to workflow but may be mitigated a bit by using ALL to set an initial value for all steps in the track.

yes, this is the intended way to setup a default value

However, it also does this with PrgCh's which isn't what you want at all if you have a slow changing synth. If these tracks had a default position of Null meaning don't send data unless specifically set to a value, instead of the current situation it would help a lot.

It's a general problem that each step only stores 7bit data, and program change is 7bit - means: no free value to turn off a step

But I've to doublecheck if the 7bit limitation is still valid. Actually MBSEQ V4 has 8bit data per step, so that the 129th value could be used to turn of the step.

I added this to the wish list

Best Regards, Thorsten.