sammichSID questions

eptheca

Hi,

Does anybody know if it possible to disable the LED matrix? and in case, how?

Also, does the sammichSID need any special configuration for 6581 chips in the setup, like the standard SID V2 

;; select default filter calibration value
	;; expecting 12bit values (0..4095)
	;; will be overwritten by ensemble setting - this is only used as default value for BankStick initialisation!
#define DEFAULT_FILTER_CALI_MIN 0
#define DEFAULT_FILTER_CALI_MAX 4095

Cheers, Hal

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it's possible to disable the sammichSID LEDs in the firmware, but I couldn't tell you where.

You can use any MB SID firmware with any SID chip. The only difference as far as I'm aware is the default filter settings are calibrated for one chip and not the other, but this can easily be changed in the MB SID menus on a per-ensemble basis; no need to muck around in the code. Even if you don't change it, it will still work fine, you'll just find that the cutoff controls don't have a very useful range of values.

Personally, I don't like the default 8580/6582 values anyway. You definitely want the exp conversion on, but I don't know why the cutoff defaults to such a small range for the 8580.