DIN HUI Emulation help

2hb

Hi everyone, I am very new to midibox, I have a DIN module connected to a stm32f4 core with logictrl.ngc loaded as the default patch. I am trying to get it to work in pro tools ultimately, but I havent been able to get it to work in logic either. I have a single button connected to D0 which mios is responding to, recieving this message

[2095799.673] 90 18 7f   Chn# 1  Note On  C-0  Vel:127

but no response from pro tools. It's set up correctly in Peripherals (set for hui, mios in, mios out)

I know there is probably something I am missing, but I'm having trouble finding anything specific to logictrl.ngc in the tutorials or the forum

Any help is greatly appreciated!

edit: it is working in logic, but still not in pro tools, the versions i have tried in are pro tools 10 and 11

Edited by 2hb

Welcome here 2hb

Protools don't support mackie control or logic control protocol, only HUI which is different...

You have to handle it with CC tricks. Two CC to active a function and two CC to turn it off

0xb0 0x0c 0xzz select a zone

0xb0 0x2c 0x0p port ON

0xb0 0x2c 0x4p port OFF

let say transport record button is zone 0e and port 5

you should send CC 12(0x0c) value 14(0x0e) followed by CC 44(0x2c) value 5(0x05) to start record

and CC 12(0x0c) value 14(0x0e) followed by CC 44(0x2c value 69(0x45) to stop record.

Here you will find a pdf with all zone and port definition https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=101328

Best

Zam

Hi Zam, Thank you so much! This makes a lot more sense, I have been trying to work off of the hui documentation to modify the template, but I didn't realize it uses CC messages, is there anything else I would need to change in logictrl.ngc other than the individual button events?

Edited by 2hb

Hello

Maybe the sysex header depending of how deep you want HUI function with your controler

The link I give you have about everything possible regarding HUI data type, which is midi stream but not midi standard form...

Most can be handled by MB_NG with event definition at NGC or script at NGR with more or less trick.

Best

Zam