cheap pots from all electronics

arumblack

I think I got those on ebay (they do really look all the same). I got 70 of those for 8 Euros, so the price would be about the same (for ebay).

I didn´t build them into any app up to now (they were planned to go into a MBSeq up until the new Control Surface), so I don´t know how they will work in hard musician every day life, but:

They have a pretty good feel (nearly no hangs and so on). They´re lighter to move than the big ones (like those 6mm ones at Reichelt), so also very cool.

As you don´t screw them to the frontplate, they won´t get stuck there - big advantage.

The shaft is cool. No screwing around for those knobs. Just putting them right on there.

Only disadvantage I got to work out with: Those three pins are NOT 2,54 mm (0,1 inch) compatible. Theyre something like 7,62mm between the outer left and outer right pin. So you have to drill the breadboard in the middle of the outer two pins.

That´s all I know up to now. I would recommend those. But I can´t 100%ly. Like I said, I could only test those physically, not electronically.

Greets!

As far as I know: Those ARE alps ;) Got some center detent versions with different shaft from dead VCR.

Pretty nice "feel" and accuraty, (but then again, I'm comparing to bourns (If I just could afford.. :( )..

Definitely worth a try! Maybe you could then give comment on your impression on those..

BUT one thing I'm a bit worried about: As those are soldered "on board", how much (ab)use can pots take, before coming loose from board, even with those supporting legs bend tightly in L -shape under board and soldered nicely..

Bye, Moebius

As those are soldered "on board", how much (ab)use can pots take, before coming loose from board, even with those supporting legs bend tightly in L -shape under board and soldered nicely..

Nope, I already soldered them. If you solder those three pins *and* those two "stabilizing - or whatever" pins the pot´s really dammit stable! I do like this version much more than the "screw-it-to-the-frontplate" version!