having serious problems with usb

Synergic

heya!

it seems that usb module work great ,but i´m having seious probles conectting it to core module.

that is what i have do exactly:

i have conected vs pin of core to vs of usb,

MI pin of core to MO pin of usb,

Mo pin of core to MI pin of usb.(i think the how to power core module and usb.pdf file  is wrong,because if i connect Mi to Mi and Mo to Mo midibox does not send midi and pc does not recognize the usb module..so..)

vd pin not conected.

optoacoupler are stuffed.

ok,my midibox was programed with some buttons an led in toggle mode(with Vmidibox)and i could manage my secuencier with midibox.but i say:"lets see if i can Sysex".....but.....lcd says that is receiving sysex and Sysex dump complette.....but not true...pots are with metaevents...buttons with on/off mode an like note,not like cc.....uff.....very stange....

usb module is powered from usb port.

what is wrong?? midibox is sending midi(metaevents and note on/off.....but i want cc´s)but doesnt receive ....os yes but something goes wrong......

could anyone help me?

Thorsten??  Pay_c??  

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!  I need help!!!

The first time someone cried out for me!  :D

Cewl...  ;D

If you directly connect your MB with your USB over MI/MO pins you *must* get that optocoupler out of there (the one on the core and the one on the USB module), otherwise you´ll have a short one there.

Just pray that you didn´t cook anything with that short there...  :P

Also see here: mbhp_usb_connections_case1.pdf on the UCApps page/USB module

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_usb_connections_case1.pdf

But: Yes, I *think* you´re right: MI to MO and viceversa.

Greetz!

:D

ok..it take me a lot of time programing midibox with gameport,it looks to be "freezed" and doesnt response at the first..second..third..etc time.but then...it goes  ok and i can load sysex anytime.

ok,i connect usb module ..Mi to Mo and viceversa.and  ground.ok.midibox send midi..but when i try to sysex,y seems to be ok,receiving complete....but surprise!!! metaevents loaded...and a lot of extrange configuratiom that i havent do!!! and blocked again!!! until i program with gameport(soldering again of course!!)

what can i do? what is the problem?

Errr, no. With the 16F I even got up to about 400 bytes/s. Pretty fast. Why?

@Synergic: Another thing: How do you connect that stuff? Meaning: How long are the cables? If the cable from your USBmodule to your MB64 gets pretty long, you should shield it (I would say if it´s more than 0,5 meters)

/modify: Also try following: Completely disconnect the MB64 from your USBmodule and try the optocoupler way. Meaning: Put the optocoupler into your MB64 and into your USB module and try it over normal MIDI cables. That should work really properly. If that works, you know both (MB64 and your MBUSB) are working fine.

Greetz & wishing luck...  ;)

For the records: the problems are solved, he used an incompatible MIOS version (V1.4) with the MIDIbox64 firmware, which has been released after V1.4

It always makes sense to use the most recent releases, regardless if the new features are useful for you or not.

Best Regards, Thorsten.