Midibox LC & Led digits

Guest STephenTi

Guest STephenTi

Hi all.

I'm a newbie on this project. I'm trying to build a Midibox LC.

I've buid the core and connect 2 40x2 LCD : It works Ok !

Now, I've build the 4 DOUT and I've connect the 10+2 led digits.

I've use a test program (with only the led digits DOUT connected to the core) and it work fine.

Please, what must I modify in the Midibox LC 1.4 source to make my led digits work ?

Thank to Thorsten Klose for his great Job !

Hi & welcome,

Congratulations on getting the core and lcds to work on your first try.

If you're refering to the 10*7 segment led digit display for smpte/beats than Midibox LC 1.4 does not yet support this. It does display smpte/beats on the 2*40 LCD.

If you're talking about ledrings or pushbutton leds than there's nothing to modify to get a standard LC emulation working.

So it all depends on what do you mean by 10+2 led digits

Peace

Frank

Hi Stephen,

problem is, that I've added a LED digits driver to the MIDIbox LC application, but haven't found the time to build the hardware in order to test the functionality. D2k tried it, but he noticed the wrong digits - but this could also be a wiring error.

So, since you've a tested module, could you please check this version:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios/midibox_lc_v1_5rc1.zip

You've to set "METERS_ENABLED" and "LEDDIGITS_ENABLED" to 1, otherwise the appr. drivers will be skipped.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest STephenTi

Hi.

I've just test it.

- The display is very strange, but I think it's because I have not yet connected the faders to the core. Is there a way to run the Midibox LC without faders (in order to test the digits, it will take one or to weeks for me to connect the faders...) ?

- But I can see that the beat is displayed on the 8 digits (Number 5 to 12, if the number 1 is the left digit and 12 the right digit).

- Can you tell me what the 3 and 4 digit displays  ?

Thanks !

Hi,

Steve: there is just a minor bugfix, the MBLC specific "Layer mode" LED didn't work, but normaly is isn't stuffed anyhow. And the LED-Digits feature is only for people who want to add a SMPTE display.

STephenTi: yes, you can set the number of faders to 0 and you can disable the MF driver at the top of main.asm

The purpose of the digits is described here:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_lc/midibox_lc_leddigits.pdf

only 12 are used, the other four digits output random characters.

Are the two status digits also ok?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest STephenTi

Hi all.

I've make some more test last night.

If I follow the notation in the PDF (ie display from D0 to D15, just D0 to D9 and D14 and D15 used), the result is :

Beat : D14-D15-D7-D6-D5-D4-D3-D2-D1-D0

I've verify my wiring and it seems to be ok...

Do I modify my wiring to follow this or is it a minor bug that can be fix ? Thanks.

!! Stupid I am ! I've see the ENABLE_MOTORDRIVER but not the NUMBER_MOTORFADERS just after !! Sorry for this "newbie" question !

And in my temporary case, with NUMBER_MOTORFADERS=0, the digit display ok !

Hi,

thanks for your input. It's really strange, because the left side digits are handled by the same code like the right side digits, so why does Digit14/15 display the chars from Digit8/9 and vice versa?

Of course, this could also be fixed by software, but I guess it's better when I build the hardware and check it by myself (this can take some weeks...) in order to avoid a documentation disaster. till then you can use the hardware fix

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 months later...