New design : parts questions ...

gillesdeshays

here is my design for my new MB ...

Original size : 500mm/350mm

FRONTV3-5_500-350_small.jpg

My problem is :

61 encoders + 43 buttons = more than 128 DIN .....

Must i use another core ?

If yes,  i want to use it as i use my MB16+, i mean with "layers" ...

my first layer command my first mixer in Reason, and if i switch (with the 4 switches on the MB16+)  to the second layer, it controls the second mixer ...

But i don't know ow it works with MIOS .... :-[

i must "definitivly" use 2 core ...

but ..

let me explain ...I work like this :

i use Reason

i make several 14:2 mixer

i want to "switch between layers" as i do with my MB16+ ( the 4 select switch = 16 layers )

I.E  .. i'm using "layer 1" which control the main mixer

I switch to "layer 2" which control the Drum mixer ( another midi assignment )

the i switch to "layer 3" which control the Synth mixer ...

etc ..etc ...

I really don't know how mios can :

1 - switch between layer ? ( bankstick ??)

2 - Switch layer on 2 core in the same time...

MIOS can everything what you want, but there most also be somebody who programs it on the way you want... ;-)

It's not possible to handle more than 128 DINs, but on the other hand it would be possible to implement a button matrix scan algorithm in order to save some digital inputs (so that they are free for the encoders).

Example: for 64 buttons you could also use 8 digital output pins and 8 digital input pins, combined to a button matrix.

Only problem: something like this has to be programmed into the application. And it's currently not provided by MB64E - so if somebody feels motivated for doing this, I can give you some more implementation hints

Of course, it would also be possible to control another core from the MB64E application, you can switch banks of another MIOS based MB64/MB64E/MBMF with the MIDI remote feature. You could also control the bank switch inputs of the MIDIbox Plus from another core - in fact you can really do what you want, but don't expect that I will do everything for you ;-)

So my suggestion: if you don't want to program it by yourself, ask other people who are planning on exactly the same hardware for help.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

FAQMARKER

MIOS can everything what you want, but there most also be somebody who programs it on the way you want... ;-)

"Hey !  MIOS ! One coffee please !"  ;D

It's not possible to handle more than 128 DINs, but on the other hand it would be possible to implement a button matrix scan algorithm in order to save some digital inputs (so that they are free for the encoders).

Example: for 64 buttons you could also use 8 digital output pins and 8 digital input pins, combined to a button matrix.

Only problem: something like this has to be programmed into the application. And it's currently not provided by MB64E - so if somebody feels motivated for doing this, I can give you some more implementation hints

Guest jimminy

It looks like you are dedicating 4 knobs for each channel to you EQ section.  We discussed recently an alternative that I think is really good, and easier/cheaper.

The idea is to have 1 set of eq knobs, encoders rather than pots, then have 1 button at each channel to select the channel your EQ knobs will be controlling.  You wouldn't regularly be adjusting EQ on 2 seperate channels at the exact same time anyways, and rather than have 4x14=56 pots, you have 4 pots and 14 buttons.  less pots/cost/panelspace/etc.  I may do this with the send and insert sections too, but I'm using Cubase so it's a bit different.

Look for that thread, it's pretty recent.

Jimminy

encoder 1 selects the group

encoder 2 selects the bank

encoder 3 selects the group

encoder 4 selects the bank

encoder 5 selects the group

encoder 6 selects the bank

encoder 7 selects the group

encoder 8 selects the bank

now clear? ;-)

Just try it out once your MB64E is ready!!!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

extremly clear !  ;D

Just try it out once your MB64E is ready!!!

mmmmmmmmm.......... i'm waiting for the parts ... and i prefer to check if all will works perfectly ...... because i will have few days ( hours ...?    :'( ) to repeat my live set ...

For now i cannot see how i use the SFB " FF 08 41 " to switch between banks on the main core and also in the same time on the slave core ....

I follow my quest ..... ;)

PS: may you can change the midibox64e_sfb_table.txt

@ FF 08 41 line,  using "par and odd" rather than "first and second" ?