It's going to be a very long night

TK.

Please give me a little more time to finish my Box LC so that I can start direct with the sequencer.

Oh, by the way: I'm also planning to release a MIDIbox LC setup file for MIDIbox SEQ (however, without Motorfaders the handling isn't that much perfect, but it's a cheap solution for people who want to master their tracks after the sequences have been recorded :))

I also wonder, where you get the time to build such wonderful machines.

efficient scheduling ;-) (I'm working on the MIOS based MIDIbox SEQ application since some months, mostly not more than 2-3 hours a week)

I think we'll all have a serious problem.... while spending so much time on your projects we couldn't find any time to make music with all our "new" equipment

Do you feel the same ?

Yes, definitely.

My effort for the MIDIbox projects is about 60% to answer postings and emails, 30% for implementing applications and writing documentations, and the remaining 10% to make music with all the stuff... however, this is a totally different topic, so I will stop here. ;-)

So if people have a little time, we could collect orders.

In my opinion this would be perfect, also for beginners who don't know where to order all this stuff.

Btw.: Arumblack - it's a 3U panel

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey TK, some question about the functionality. I want the knobs near to the stuff they change so:

- whats the mute muting? Tracks/Layers or Steps?

- same with the solo...

- the "all" the same - all tracks/steps/layers?

- whats the fast doing?

... ...  :-/

to be exact I would just need some small info about all those buttons...  :-X :P

Cause I'm about to order the frontplate (I'll try Schaeffer the first time now!) and just don't want to do anything wrong on there...

PS: 2 HE! (I made it indeed...)

A 2 HE solution would be really interesting!

But an inportant tip: try to arrange the "real" components before ordering the panel! When you compare my first panel idea with the final one, you know why... ;-)

It's always a good idea to prepare all boards before ordering a panel!

To the button functions:

EDIT: changes to the common edit view, steps are muted/unmuted with the 16 general purpose buttons. 1/2/3/4 to select the track, A/B/C to select the layer.

MUTE: changes to the appr. menu page which is used to mute the tracks with the general purpose buttons.

PATTERN: changes to the pattern menu. 1/2/3/4 to select the pattern, GP buttons to enter the pattern number

SONG: changes to the song menu. 1/2/3/4 to select the pattern, GP buttons to enter the pattern number, A selects the song number, B: song position, C: End/Repeat/Loop points (in fact the cursor within the menu page is controlled by 1/2/3/4/A/B/C)

SOLO: only the currently selected "edit" tracks will be played. With the 1/2/3/4 button you are able to select multiple tracks at once (like known from the MIDIbox SID)

ALL: allows you to set a value for all selected tracks, steps and layers at the same time with a single encoder

FAST: faster encoder movements - works for all encoders at the same time. If you are using encoders with inbuilt push-button, you can activate the function also from there

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest psytron

tk:- this midiboc lc for the midibox seq is this roughly an lc with a few normal faders instead of motor faders or are we talking about something different??

all Aussies:- i am startin a thread in the Miscellaneous forum jion up and we shall see what this big brown land can offer us in the way of cheap parts :)

Steven:- i did a bulk order off a lad on ebay i am sure they can be got cheaper but i only got 50 cause i dont think i will use more than that.

Ryan:- i dont care where i send em to (if i have any left over) shipping may make it not so good for you price wize

Cool, thnx! Now the frontplate is ready! Just checking it a last time and it´s away to Schaefer´s.

All parts are here already (just some LEDs are still missing - will be here in a few days - ordering them right now on Reichelt).

All PCBs are ready to be stuffed in there.

So....  :P

I know u hate questions like that... ... when will the first soldering plans (the schems for DIN/DOUT and so on) be available? ... ::)

Count me in for debugging again!  ;D