Add Moving fader to a Amek Galileo

xarolium

Hi Diyers,

Since @Zam built his wonderful moving fader console i 'm thinking of doing same thing on my Amek Galileo, the problem was to get the right fader to work with GAL10 channel. I finally get some of Penny and Gile PGFM3220/D fader to start this project.

2014-12-01141415_zpsc363ff4d.jpg

I tried to control the PGFM3220 with the MF_NG module but it was impossible to get the fader moving smooth and the motor is huge noisy by setting MIOS Calibration App.

So i'm considering using a other driver like the ST L6201. Do you think it will solve the smooth movement and noise issue ?

Your help is pretty much appreciate to put me on the right way to get it working

Thank you

Hi

Long time I don't talk here

Your P&G have big (coreless  ?) motor, I suspect you need way more power than MF_NG is able to offer, but I don't remember precisely what onboard reg offer, 10V 1A ?

That's probably why it's not smooth. For those motors you probably need 24V, with probably more than 1A in stall condition...you need good protection/limiter otherwise you'll blow drivers

About PWM "printer" noise, it's more or less intrinsic.

There is a lot of PWM motor driver, you can probably test some others and have better result ?

Side question, is't those Amek series loaded with VCA fader ?

Best

Zam

Zam,  Thank you for your reply

The P&G motor is a Escap 22S28 210E  and seems to work with 12V and draw 0.3A

I'm thinking of using Analog signal to driver motors instead of PWM.

I 'm inspired by the SSL Ultimation schematic 82E353 to design my own PCBs. SSL use opto isolator to isolate power Motor and DC control/audio.

I also looked at PID control like this one

sOo2c.png

Now i still have to prototype and make some test. Maybe you can share your experience with your 89Motion project ?

What do you advice to get the best result (less noisy fader and smooth movment) ?