Is it possible to scale analog input voltages

Guest ahayter

Guest ahayter

Hi! I just built my first MIOS core and AIN. So far so good. However I have been trying to use an infrared sensor as an analog voltage source. It works (although it is a little shaky - the voltage is not very steady), but the infrared sensor only outputs 2.5v max, so I don't have full range of motion on faders, etc... I was wondering if it is possible to scale the input (I know I would lose 1/2 my resolution but I don't care, I am using it to convert dance motion into MIDI and the resolution does not need to be that high.) Or will I need to amplify the signal and if so is there an easy way to do this that you can suggest. Also is there a way to to smooth the input signal (do I use the Deadband setting to do that, again I don't care if I lose resolution)

Thanks for your help,

Andre

Guest ahayter

Hi Bass_MIDI,

I am using sensors from www.junun.org/MarkIII they sell parts for making robots and have very good prices. I am using the Sharp GP2Y0A02YK Distance Measuring Sensor - it has the greatest range, there is a variety of ranges. Be sure and get the JST 3-pin cable if you buy one it saves a lot of trouble. You just connect the the power and ground wires to power and ground of J5 on the core module and the output wire to one of the analog inputs on J5. Upload a test program like AIN example 1 and you should get midi by waving your hand. I will upload a fuller description once I get the op-amp and the capacitor circuit worked out.

Andre