I wish...

Hi

Here is a simple idea which would I think would be great in MIOS.

This idea requires encoders with an intergerted push button.

When the user turns the encoder WITHOUT the button pressed, the values will step in values of +/- 1 (or another value set by the user).

When the user turns the encoder WITH the button pressed the values step at +/- 8 (or other value if the user wants).

I got this idea from Prinston Digital's new reverb unit (see Sound on Sound, May 2004 review for more info)

I don't have the programming skills to implement this, so I hope one of you will take this on.

I see this as a great improvement in the usablity of a MB, which I'm very interested in.

Regards

Rowan

Hi

Here is a simple idea which would I think would be great in MIOS.

This idea requires encoders with an intergerted push button.

When the user turns the encoder WITHOUT the button pressed, the values will step in values of +/- 1 (or another value set by the user).

When the user turns the encoder WITH the button pressed the values step at +/- 8 (or other value if the user wants).

I got this idea from Prinston Digital's new reverb unit (see Sound on Sound, May 2004 review for more info)

I don't have the programming skills to implement this, so I hope one of you will take this on.

I see this as a great improvement in the usablity of a MB, which I'm very interested in.

Regards

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

this requires only a small hardware modification - I already did this for my MIDIbox SEQ: all encoders have an integrated button, they are connected together and wired to the FAST button of MIDIbox SEQ. In this way, the values are incremented faster when I push the encoder. Big advantage: no waste of DIN pins.

However, although I did this, I still prefer the FAST button, since it's easier to turn the encoders when they don't have to be pushed at the same time.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Rowan,

this requires only a small hardware modification - I already did this for my MIDIbox SEQ: all encoders have an integrated button, they are connected together and wired to the FAST button of MIDIbox SEQ. In this way, the values are incremented faster when I push the encoder. Big advantage: no waste of DIN pins.

However, although I did this, I still prefer the FAST button, since it's easier to turn the encoders when they don't have to be pushed at the same time.

Best Regards, Thorsten.