Cant get 18F452 working...

MikePig

Hi

I have a core module with a 16x4 lcd on it. I have tried to program the 18F452 with various firmwares (midimon, midisid, midi box64) but the PIC don't boot and the lcd stay with 2 black lines.

I have checked the voltages of my jdm programmer, all seems to be ok... I can even burn my old 16F877 (with the last mb64 firmware) and they worked with my core module and my lcd (even underclocked since I have a 10 Mhz crystal on the core).

ICProg report the 18F452 as succesfully verified and I can read the firmware and compare it with the source firmware all is OK but when I plug the PIC and the core, the display stay black.

What is this strange behaviour have anyone an idea ?

P.S.: I have put the resistor between pin31 and Pin 38, I have tried with external power supply on the jdm, it doesn't change anything. I have tried with WinXP, Win98 with two different computers.

Hi,

Just programming the applications (like midimon, midisid, midi box64) is NOT enough!!

Have you programmed the bootstrap loader?

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap.html

Thats the only part you have to program with the JDM.

Next question: Have you uplaoded MIOS via MIDI?

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap.html

After MIOS works, you can upload your desired application.

Hope this helpes.

Raphael

Hi

Thank you for your help ! I thought I just have to burn the pic with the.hex files to get it working ( just like the old non-Mios apps).

My SID is now playing notes !

Now you can vote for THE LAMER OF THE YEAR !!!! (MikePig without a doubt)

Thanks