surface mount button

Fx3_hdrive

hi everyone

i'm in progress of making a mb64. when i found that i dont like the miniature buttons i bought - I didnt know when they were pressed, they didnt have any click but otherwise nice buttonts.

i'm looking for some sort of a switch that will click or dent when its pressed, also it HAS to be surface mounted because i just hate the idea of pushing on the flimsy PCBs  :'( . another thing is that i live in UK and dont understand any german. do you have any answers, comments please?

my highest appretiations.

fx3_hdrive

P.S. is push-to-break type ok? or it will mess up the signals?

Hi!

I guess you mean "chassis-mounted" because surface-mounted switches are surface mounted on the PCB (d-oh!)

But, if u use appropriate mounting screws on the pcb, there will be no problem pushing them even hard! And it is by far the cheapest method!

Thanks for your reply

Sorry that I was unclear before, yes chassis-mounted buttons that click or dent.

just moments ago I put tactile sw on a matrix board and taped on it with pliers, on the first tap it was stuck and didn’t work properly! What a piece of… excuse me for this… crap !!

78155001T.jpg

I’ve found these nice sturdy buttons but they don’t click. Is there a name for buttons that feel like tacts but are sturdy and chassis-mounted ?

Regards

Fx3

any button with micro switch will definately CLICK..like old arcade game buttons ;)

u want spst (or of course u can use half of dpdt) or what is known as momentary on push buttons (panel or chassis mount...)

<look on ebay as pilo pointed out..>

C&K SWITCHES HAVE ALWAYS A GOOD FEEL :o

• 2 weeks later...