SID Step C but only ony SID chip

Guest ignatz

Guest ignatz

Hi all...

i was wondering... i'd like to build the STEP C SID, but only with one SID chip... what i mean is... all paramenters editable by encoders just like the original STEP C, in one single SID chip... this is for making the changes more "friendly" when playing... is this possible?

thanx all! and specially for Thorsten for this great project.

Yes, this is possible. Just let the three slaves away. Just build the Master core + Master SID.

About the friendly stuff: Over the "Link" button all 4 SIDs are acting very friendly with the control surface. E.g. you can activate the Link button + all four SIDs and let them play the same patch. They will all react the exactly same way to the Control Surface. The sound coming out of there is f***king P H A T T. You hear a very heavy difference between one SID and four SIDs.

But anyhow it´s also possible, just to build the CS with one SID at first and afterwards implement the 3 missing slave SIDs (just don´t forget those buttons like Link and activating the SIDs).

Greetz!

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

ok, thanks!  ;)

i will be using VIC20's PSU, should be just the same. it has 2 separate fuses, while original C64 PSU has only one... but otherwise the specs seem to be just the same.

the bonus in VIC's powersupply is that i has a powerswitch on the PSU! so i don't have to make it in the sidbox...