Connect 2 or more Sid-Mods to one core?

TzanhZsu

No, this isn't possible, since the MIDIbox SID is also some kind of virtual synthesizer which requires a lot of CPU power (the 6 LFOs, 2 envelope generators, portamento, arpeggiator, etc. are software implemented features, running with 16, partly with 32 bit resolution!).

So, every SID requires its own core

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi everybody!  

I've been watching the forms for a while now.  I'm designing a massive MidiBox (currently: 32 tracks + master w/24 v-pots, 24 buttons and 1 motorfader per track) for myself based on the upcoming NG, which I'm very much looking forward to.  

Anyway... my first question on the forums:  

Could I somehow use the MidiBox SID if I wanted to make a completely stand-alone hardware SID synth with arpeggiators, LFOs and everything?  

If so, how?  If not, well... how then ? :)

I'm a little put-off by having to use my PC to edit the sounds but I would kill for a real SID synthesizer...

Cheers!

Jon Edvald

Hi pezkall...

That does sound like a meaty MB u got cookin up there...;) I'm in the same process too...

Likewise on the SIDs i'm planning 2 dual boxes - 1 with 2 6581's, and the other with the 8580's...

Thorsten is planning a dedicated control surface as part of the NG roll out (see: http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1034254654) for the SID. In the meantime u can add a second core with the MB64 f/w and assign the pots from that to control the SID params...

Also, take a look at this other post: http://ucapps.digitaljunk.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1038709736. A java SID editor the MB guru recently whipped up...

HTH...