Midibox CV & Hz/V

Guest tew303

Guest tew303

Has anyone already expierenced the midibox CV firmware?

I saw on the forum that RS-components sells the MAX525 and today on the phone they told me that's now possible to order as a regular customer too. Though the minimum order price has to be 100 Euro and payment in advance.

Now before I'm going to buy these rather expensive DAC's I was wondering wether the firmware supports Hz/V as well (I own only Hz/V analogs Korg & Yamaha), or that anyone has already tested the firmware with Hz/V?

Greetz

Tew

now possible to order as a regular customer too. Though the minimum order price has to be 100 Euro and payment in advance.

I assume your'e from the Netherlands since in all other coutries you can just order as a normal customer. (at least in brittian and germany it is)

Guest tew303

@Twin-X: Yep I'm Dutch

@Arumblack: I searched the forum, found the Pic you mentioned. But I can't find anything about a possible Hz/V and a negative gate signal mode.

Midibox CV is in pre-release stage. And at this point, doesn't seem to support Hz/V.

But I'm sure It's going to be added. (by TK, or somebody else)

Gate signal is easily converted to s-trig, check this link:

http://www.retrosynth.com/docs/trigger/

everything needed can be fit inside 6,3 jack shell.

And Korg MS series synths can also be controlled V/Oct, by using it's exponential modulation input...

http://www.korganalogue.net/korgms/mstt.html

Bye, Moebius

Guest tew303

Hi moebius,

I now already using the exponential modulation input in combination with my Doepfer MCV8 (partially DIY).

But the problem is, as mentioned on the link you gave, that it's very unstable (specially in a totally boozed out live gig  ;) ).

The Doepfer MCV8 has a Hz/V and negative gate but I can tell you this is even more unstable (prepare for trimming those precision trimmers a couple of times a year).

I'll wait for the next releases and expirement a little with it.

And for now I broke my VCF Cutoff potmeter of my MS10 yesterday evening (the weirdest thing happened: it totally jammed after I subtilely swinged it a little; I used brute force and now it is sitting without the housing waiting for a new pot :) )

Hi, tew303

Well, you've your MS10 already sittin' "bare naked", so if you're not afraid of gear modifications (and maybe drilling an extra 6.3 jack hole or two in da back of da machine), you could make an extra "precision path" mod for V/Oct.? ;) I don't have MS10 schems. but I guess it's 'bout same stuff as MS20s. Multiturn trimmer should give enough precision for scaling and then inserting that signal behind exponential mod. scaling pot, it should be stable. (And free up front panel jack for other use ;))

I once had a purely midi->CV+gate interface, with only typical, not so precise one turn trimmers for scale/offset. Which of course interacted with each other when I tried to get synth to track it... (Finally, I just gave up and sold that piece of CRAP, saying: Well, it's a midi to cv, but you can only use it to send sync pulses with gate.)

You at least can get spares for MS10?! I have a Korg Polysix waitin' for rebirth as rack version. But effect selector switch is broken... I'm not sure If I can ever find a replacement :-/

Bye, Moebius