LPC17 Core issue with after installing new version

grizz

Hello all,

I just tried to install the new .97 version of the seq V4 software and after uploading the software  my LCD's are just showing black bars. It is not the LCD's work fine when hooked up to my original old core setup, so it seems to be something with the LPC17 core. Does anyone have any ideas? The LCD's have black bars and backlights they are getting power too. I've been trying to adjust the two trim pots but no luck so far. They are just the standard LCDs that I used back in 2010/11 when I first built the sequencer. I am assuming they should work without any code changes.

I can use my old core setup for the time being but it isn't able to use the newer firmwares with the features I love.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by grizz

try:

upload the newest bootloader (with mios studio + http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/mios32_bootloader_v1_018.zip), reboot, on mios-studio - go to the mios-terminal-section, and type "help", then change to LCD type, the number off characters (2x40) and the numbers off X and Y Screens you have on your sequencer... then type "store" (was it store...save...? no idea, all commands are listed when you type "help") the core reboots and you will see some Text on your screens - then you have prooved that this is no hardware issue, then upload the newest LPC17 Seq V4 firmware, then report if it is still Black Blocks you see.

by the way is your "orginal old core setup"?

has the LPC-core ever worked? if not, try to replace the HC595 chip on it (IC2), also check the solderpoints that have to do with the LCD-Section (see the shematic: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_lpc17.pdf) ... Specially the groundpins, since we have a ground plane here, the plane sucks away the heat coming from the soldering iron, give enough heat on your solderstation, and heat the pins longer then normal... but bevore remove the lpc board, and IC2, so you dont destroy them...

thats all - what comes in my mind.

Edited by Phatline

Thanks for the tips! I got it working again! I had changed LCD when I had my MB9090 PCB connected to the LPC17 setup, which I stopped using because the project seemed to stop and I couldn't figure out a panel case for it. I even found a note in one of my notebooks that says "change LCD type back when used with Wilba front panel and TPB".

I went ahead and ordered the new core and some other odds and ends from Midiphy as my understanding is the new core has some more features.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,

Alex