midi transport box

Guest frob

hello all im a newbee when it comes to midi, but not diy.

i was looking to build a midi transport box with a jog wheel. as nobody affers this as a product, and as a thought if it is posable. setup a automated fadder as transport location. this mite sound a litle criptic so if you would like me to draw the design ask me and i will post a diagram of what i am looking for.

thanks in advance

frob

setup a automated fadder as transport location

Cool idea!

Bot the problem will be: I don't know any software (sequencer or DAW) from which you will get relative(!) song positions. And that' what you need to get your fader positon.

Or you would need the song "end"-time from which you can derive the relative position from MTC (MIDI Time Code).

Instead of the fader you could use a jog-wheel for tansport like it is used in the MIDIBox-LC (Logic-/Macie-Control "clone").

Raphael

setup a automated fadder as transport location.

That would be sweet...

IF your DAW software can be setup to output timecode, AND a MIDIbox app was written to allow you to tell the MIDIbox what the start and end timecode for the track(s) are, a little MIOS math could scale the fader throw length to fit the track length so it could move to follow the timecode.

Man I wish I had the time to wrap my head around MIOS enough to write this. This is not a feature request for you TK......would be nice to see the community get together and write this.......so it's a feature request for the community.......Anyone feeling code froggy? ;)

Best!

Smash

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about something similar. - Not with relative position...

I'm planning to integrate a silicone ribbon into the wrist rest of my LC. Using a horizontal built in non detendant encoder.

Problem: Finding a nice looking about 15 Inches round, grippy (with grooves) silicone rubber ribbon.

Greets, Roger