fairchild IC's for bankstick

d2k

instead of adding another thread, and as this is another parts q I thought I'll add it here since the above 2 are still unanswered...

I've got 2 x 4x40 LCDs which i was planning to use in my box. The Q is - is it worth selling them or can the LC MB f/w be easily tweaked (which as we know needs a 2x55 display) to show all info on 4 lines...so it's be like a 2x80 display...

I know this has been talked about before but ya never know - well i dont neway...;)

Peace...

Dan

instead of adding another thread, and as this is another parts q I thought I'll add it here since the above 2 are still unanswered...

I've got 2 x 4x40 LCDs which i was planning to use in my box. The Q is - is it worth selling them or can the LC MB f/w be easily tweaked (which as we know needs a 2x55 display) to show all info on 4 lines...so it's be like a 2x80 display...

I know this has been talked about before but ya never know - well i dont neway...;)

Peace...

Dan

Hi Dan,

the fairchild EEPROMs are not ok, 32k means: 32 kbit = 4kbyte. You could use the 511-M24256-BN6 from ST (available at Mouser) instead.

The parts from TI should be ok

4x40 displays: with the MIDIbox NG design you will be able to write your own LCD driver (based on my examples) which displays what you want. On the other hand: I don't think that such 4x40 LCDs are ergonomic, because normaly you want to see the track names exactly above the channel strips in the right order.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Dan,

the fairchild EEPROMs are not ok, 32k means: 32 kbit = 4kbyte. You could use the 511-M24256-BN6 from ST (available at Mouser) instead.

The parts from TI should be ok

4x40 displays: with the MIDIbox NG design you will be able to write your own LCD driver (based on my examples) which displays what you want. On the other hand: I don't think that such 4x40 LCDs are ergonomic, because normaly you want to see the track names exactly above the channel strips in the right order.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for clearing up all that...;)

One last q before the 4x40's go on ebay...

Would it be possible to display the info from one core on the top 2 lines and the info from another core on remaining 2? Would it require a chunky firmware mod...?

I did ask a similar question before but I don't know if this would involve the same adaption or not...

Cheers...

Thanks for clearing up all that...;)

One last q before the 4x40's go on ebay...

Would it be possible to display the info from one core on the top 2 lines and the info from another core on remaining 2? Would it require a chunky firmware mod...?

I did ask a similar question before but I don't know if this would involve the same adaption or not...

Cheers...

Sure, this is possible, but it also requires some modifications. The display messages have to be sent to a "MIDIbox Link Endpoint" via MIDI instead to the LCD port. I've already planned to provide a MIDIbox NG example PlugIn for this method when the new platform is ready for use, but don't expect it before February ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Sure, this is possible, but it also requires some modifications. The display messages have to be sent to a "MIDIbox Link Endpoint" via MIDI instead to the LCD port. I've already planned to provide a MIDIbox NG example PlugIn for this method when the new platform is ready for use, but don't expect it before February ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.