Washing your Hands

iceberg

Absolutely nothing to do with anything on this board, but Im in calss and just whent to the restroom and I see som many people do this in an ineffective manner.

In order to reuse contamination, first unroll an appropriate ammount of paper towling if the restroom doesnt use a hand dryer

next turn on the hot water to a good hot temperature that wont burn you. You dont need to and shouldn't wet your hands before applying soap. Why? Chemestry. The carbon chain of soap is going to bond with the oil and dirt first this way insted of the water. once the bond is made the soap can be washed away with the contaminets.

Now DONT TURN OFF THE WATER!! so many people do this, that handel is germy and filthy!  Dry your hands with the towling and use the towling to turn the water off. If there is now towling, you can use an elbow.

I haven't figured out how to get out of a bathroom that has a handle that needs to be turned without recontaminating yet. Best is if you have long sleeves to use them to protect your hands.

Now you all think Im crazy, and you are probably correct. but my hands are clean, are yours?

You dont need to and shouldn't wet your hands before applying soap. Why? Chemestry. The carbon chain of soap is going to bond with the oil and dirt first this way insted of the water

Depends on what kind of soap you're using. The soap needs water, otherwise the OH- Ions don't have any effect on spliting the organic dirt.

Greets, Roger

Guest paulrevelcet
Did it ever occur to you that you touched the paper towel with your dirty hands before you even washed them  Grin
I think  he was talking about one of the hand cranked paper towel dispensers, the whole germ thing reminds me of a show I see on Howard Hughes, he had a thing for germs to, only at the end he claimed he could see them everywhere.

I would hate to have OC disorder. I took some medication once that gave me side effects similar. Couldn't sleep without putting my 9v from a guitar pedal back into the fire alarm  ;D

I did some crazy things that night!

I couldn't stand worrying so much about germs, I doubt if anyone is can really stay "clean".

I would hate to have OC disorder. I took some medication once that gave me side effects similar. Couldn't sleep without putting my 9v from a guitar pedal back into the fire alarm  ;D

My only 9v switches places from the fire alarm to the multimeter and back, how come I can't ever remember to buy a second one?! ;)

I couldn't stand worrying so much about germs, I doubt if anyone is can really stay "clean".

Well, it can also be UNHEALTHY for ya. (That's my excuse ;)) Ever heard of "the hygiene hypothesis"?

Bye, Moebius

p.s. iceberg, I think you should have a go with a microscope and have a GOOD look :o at your "clean hands" ;)

Someone put a sign up on the inside of the door to the WC here at work:

"On an average day your hands will come in to indirect contact with 15 Penises.

DID YOU WASH YOUR HANDS?"

(with a rather descriptive picture)

Since this sign was put up im sure the number of people washing their hands has increased greatly!