Sid step B w 7 add. buttons & leds and 2x40 lc

js

Last year I godt mid Sid up and running and now id like to extend it with another sid. Also i´d like to make a control panel for it. I like to make a step B version of the control panel with the leds conneted to J5 but with a 2x40 lcd instead og the 2x20 whown on the schematics here: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_cs/2x20_enc_multi_w_j5.pdf

Is the possible without too much programming-knowledge or sould i buy a 2x20 instead?

Thank you all for any help! :D

js

Not too hard. Just change the following, re-assemble and use convert.bat to create the syx.

Change this in main.asm

#define CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS 5
      ;; NOTE: if CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS > 5, you have to adapt the DIN settings
      ;; in cs_menu_io_tables.inc
Change it to 10. Change this in cs_menu_io_tables.inc
CS_MENU_DIN_TABLE
      ;;            Function name            SR#      Pin#
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Dec,       1,       0      ; only valid if rotary encoder not assigned to these pins
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Inc,       1,       1      ; (see mios_tables.inc) and CS_MENU_USE_INCDEC_BUTTONS == 1
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Exec,       1,       2
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel1,       1,       7
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel2,       1,       6
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel3,       1,       5
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel4,       1,       4
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel5,       1,       3
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel6,       0,       0      ; define this if CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS > 5
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel7,       0,       0      ; define this if CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS > 5
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel8,       0,       0      ; define this if CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS > 5
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel9,       0,       0      ; define this if CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS > 5
      DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel10,       0,       0      ; define this if CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS > 5

Change the last 5 entries to show the shift register and pin number your extra buttons are connected to. Just make sure you don't have a shift register defined twice. Just change unused ones to 0,  0

Hope this helps

Justin

p.s. I just checked the top one on my sid, and it works for a 2x40 display. I can't check the buttons though.

Ok, I think I get it. So could assign the last selection buttons to a third Din modules pins like this?:

DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel6,       3,       0      ;

DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel7,       3,       1      ;

DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel8,       3,       2      ;

DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel9,       3,       3      ;

DIN_ENTRY      CS_MENU_BUTTON_Sel10,       3,       4    ;

Hope i got this right :)

Thanks alot for your quick and helpful response!!

js

Ok now I don´t undestand. I thought at it was only possible to connect 8 buttons or 4 encoders to a single Din module? How do toy assign the SR´s to connect more than 8 buttons a DIN module..

Thanks alot for your help

js

Ok now I don´t undestand. I thought at it was only possible to connect 8 buttons or 4 encoders to a single Din module? How do toy assign the SR´s to connect more than 8 buttons a DIN module..

Thanks alot for your help

js

Your almost there....8 buttons or 4 encoders per shift register, each DIN module has 4 shift registers.

Best!

Smash

Hi JS,

the DIN_X4 is commonly referenced as "the DIN module" because it´s the only version you can get a PCB for. For a DIN_X1..3 you have to use bread board or etch your own PCB. You can connect 8 buttons or 4 encoders to one shift register (chip), so a DIN_X4 is needed for 32 buttons/16 encoders.

Seppoman