mios upload problems,please help!!

pwx

Hi!!

got my first Midibox Sid (1core,1sid plus CS Step A) ready... but now I have problems with uploading mios to PIC...

Have a mac and use SysEx Librarian for upload... can recieve

F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7 every 2 seconds, first with power on.... so bootstraploader is ok, right?

..... but uploading mios (.syx file) don`t work!

:'(

Have done Miditroubleshooting an everything is ok...

What`s my problem???

???

Is it possible, that the blocks of the file are not in the right size??

I read on mios site that they can`t be more than 1K... but in the downloaded .syx file they are 1,2K... whats going on??

How can I convert them to 1k???

I need help, thanx!!!

:'(

Hi,

Is it possible, that the blocks of the file are not in the right size??

I read on mios site that they can`t be more than 1K... but in the downloaded .syx file they are 1,2K... whats going on??

How can I convert them to 1k???

yes, the size is right. One block consists of 1024 bytes, but they are embedded in a SysEx message which only allows 7-bit data. Therefore the data will be scrambled by the hex2syx.pl script, and descrambled by MIOS (or the bootstrap loader). This process works very stable since two years and has been tested on many different systems, so an error is very unlikely here.

How are the results of the final Rx/Tx loopback check? If this is not working, you know where to earch for the error

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

hi all!

I´ve done troubleshooting again.... the same, all seems to be ok,... still can´t upload MIOS and application...

Is it normal that my core sends the request the same time as I switch it on? Or should there be 2 Seconds until the first request comes from core?

I´m getting nervous,...  perhaps there is someone here in Germany who can help me and can program mios and the sid-application on my pic, so I can check my system this way?? ???

Yours, sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

if there is no other volunteer, you can send the stuff to me (not only the PIC, but also the core and SID module) - just write me a mail to get the Packstation address

However, before please doublecheck if the loopback in MIDI-Ox is disabled (-> http://www.ucapps.de/mios/bootstrap_sysex0.gif), theafter open "View->Port Routings" and check if the MIDI In data is still forwarded to MIDI Out

And please also try to download MIOS with Serge's SysEx Loader

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thorsten!

Thanks for your reply,.. I´ve found someone here in Germany(many thanks to lemonhorse) who programmed the PIC with mios and the sid-application for me,... now I still have a MIDI-IN Problem but for the moment, I´m glad to see display and buttons are working,....  Only problematic thing: I can´t play a sound mith my external midi-keyboard and the midi-in led is flickering the whole time,. but no midi is sent to midibox... ???

I think to do troubleshooting again! :-\

I´m shure.....  it will work... this year

Yours, Sebastian!  ;D :o 8)

Hi Sebastian,

do you mean the MIDI In LED of a LTC module? Please take care that the MAX232 chip is not stuffed, otherwise the Rx input of the PIC is driven by two output pins (-> short circuit). If you are not using a LTC, and connected the LED directly to the Rx pin, then you have to remove it first, because it lowers the signal level so much that the PIC cannot read the MIDI stream

Best Regards, Thorsten.

:o 8) ;D Hi all!!

this night I checked everything, soldered a few little things again, plugged my MIDI-Keyboard, and......... wow!! what a great sound! my new midibox sid talks to me!!!!! ;D ;D 8)

Tonight I´m the lucky guy! I love my SID! TK, thanx for this great project!!!!

Now, I´ve got to finish CS and built the second core- and sid-module.

Still got some little problems (no displaybacklit)..... 2x20, I got it from MIKES-MIDISHOP....

but I´ve decided to give the display seperated 5V,.... hope this will work,... has anyone an idea what my problem is ??? ::)

pwx

:)Ok!

For all with the same problems:

I think my problem was the midi-in,... bad soldering!!!! ( Oh no!!)

The second problem: I´ve soldered the 1.000 MHZ not in the right position!!    ::)

And Backlit LCD problems: the display from Mike has + at 16 and - at 15.....

Check everything again and again and again.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

pwx :P