Circuit board

jjucius

Hi

Since i am sticking a lot of money into my midi lc ($350.00 us) i would like to make a board that i can mount all my switches and encoders onto then mount that onto the inside of the front panel, having the main boards mounted on the bottom of the case having ribbon cabels conecting the two boards together. can anyone help me with this? the thing is the way its layed out on the boards exemple din replace, click, rewind, ffwd would be one connector does anyone have a schematic that shows how to have those buttons come off the board to a header that would match up to the main boards?

I hope you understand what i am talking about ;D

Thanks alot

Joe

I came across the same problem with the heigths of encoders and switches when I planned to lay them out on a vector board and I also decided to have seperate boards.

Does anybody have experience in doing this for a midiboxLC with vectorboards? Is it possible to organise the ledrings with their resistors on a vectorboard or should I make custom pcbs (which I wanted to avoid generally).

Does anyone know where to get vectorboards big enough to cover the whidth of eight fader strips? especially in germany (I only managed to get eurocards, I saw double-eurocards at conrad but they cost 12€ :( )

cheers

rambinator

Is it possible to organise the ledrings with their resistors on a vectorboard or should I make custom pcbs (which I wanted to avoid generally).

My suggestion: don't solder the LEDrings on a board, otherwise it will be very very difficult to attach them on the frontpanel. It already took me more than 1/2 hour to mount this 32-led board: http://www.midibox.org/midibox_lc_photos/20.html - still not every LED fits perfectly. Therefore I prefer to glue the LEDs into the frontpanel like shown here: http://www.midibox.org/midibox_lc_photos/10.html

Does anyone know where to get vectorboards big enough to cover the whidth of eight fader strips? especially in germany (I only managed to get eurocards, I saw double-eurocards at conrad but they cost 12€ :( )

I don't know a source, but from my experiences it's easier to work with 200x100 boards maximum to simplify the mounting. The frontpanel will hold the boards together.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi rambinator!

Reichelt (www.reichelt.de) sells vectorboards  in sizes of up to 500x100 mm for EUR 5.00 (copper pads) and EUR 3.95 (copper stripes). Reichelt is usually a lot cheaper than conrad.

regards,

Dr. Nick