SEQ V2 - some questions...

Julian

hello everyone!

my SEQ V2 is nearly finished...

just waiting for my displays + encoders :-p

(I'll never ever make a metall front panel from these dimensions again by hand! what a pain in the a** ;) )

But there remain some questions i've got.

1.) i read that it's possible to connect multiple bank sticks...

is the SEQ capable of handling multiple bank sticks?

cause when i connect my second bank stick, nothing happens. But when i connect the 1st, a formating procedure is started and the display says loading from bank stick.

2.) what are the jumpers on the AOUT module for?

3.) AOUT again -  IC3 and IC4 are marked with +12V and -12V outputs (pin 4 / 11)

what are these? should there be always +/- 12V? cause when i measure the voltage on my aout module it's just

0.1 and -0.1V when i turn the seq on...

so long and happy soldering y'all,

julian

Hi,

IC3 and IC4 are marked with +12V and -12V outputs (pin 4 / 11)

what are these? should there be always +/- 12V? cause when i measure the voltage on my aout module it's just

0.1 and -0.1V when i turn the seq on...

These are not outputs, but inputs; the power supplies of the IC's! They are bipolar (V+,V-,ground), so you need a different power supply.

cheers, marcel

is the SEQ capable of handling multiple bank sticks?

cause when i connect my second bank stick, nothing happens. But when i connect the 1st, a formating procedure is started and the display says loading from bank stick.

yes. it works either with one 64k or with two 32k chips. if you use two 32k chips, you will have to change the bankstick setup in the main.asm file.

open the file with MPLAB IDE, search for DEFAULT_BANKSTICK_SONG_CS and set it to 1.

you may have to read the instructions how to compile the file into sysex here:

http://www.ucapps.de/howto_tools_mplab.html

good luck!

nico

hehe, and i was wondering all the time how this module should manage to create +/- 12v  out of +5V ;)

what confused me where the arrows pointing away from the IC...  same sign as used for the CV outputs...

so i need an additional board stuffed with a 7812 and a 7912 etc to supply the aout module...

thanks.

so long,

julian

yessss! meanwhile the 2 bank sticks are working (:

thanks for the hint!

is it mentioned somewhere on the ucapps page that you have to change the source code of the application to use multiple bank sticks? can't remember that i've ever read it...

so long,

julian

yes, but i can't find anything on that page about changing the application code...

wouldn't be something like:

"An additional BankStick (24LC256) is required to store 16 songs ( open main.asm with MPLAB IDE, search for DEFAULT_BANKSTICK_SONG_CS and set it to 1. )"

better?

best, julian

But an additional bankstick is not required when you are using a 24LC512 -- do you see the problem? There are too much options ;-) Should I really write down all the configuration variations? This would lead to a page which so much informations that nobody knows anymore, which one is relevant for himself. And the result would be the same: people asking in the forum for their personal configuration. The effect (and effort) would be the same.

Best Regards, Thorsten.