Is it easy to use illuminated push Buttons for MIDISEQ16 ?

Jitterbug

Hi,

i saw a very nice MIDISEQ16 from halucinogen (i think his name was). i wonder wether it is easy to use these buttons, instead of the normal push buttons and a separate LED. Does anything have to be modified, or can they be installed rightaway ?

dioes anybody know which type they are and where they can be ordered ?

thx

Hi,

Uups, you saw that on uCapps.de-- Here's a link to forum posting where you can see it's construction more clearly: http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/forum/index.php?topic=2608.0

Those ARE "standard" tactile switches and separate leds mounted to board below the frontpanel with selfmade (DIY) transparent acrylic button "caps" ;)

If you find switches with leds, you can use those as long as you take care that wiring is correct.

Bye, Moebius

Waaw, i just looked at the thread...such a nice project, and quite a clever idea, just cutting up a plastic rod to make switches.

Hallucinogen wrote that he used microswitches. What 'action' do these have / do they have a sort of on/off function, so they have two different settings/positions. (an OUT position and an pushed IN position), or do they remain always the same 'height' and just send a pulse to the software and does the software decide wether it is 'on' or 'off'. i

hope i make nyself clear... sorry for my non-tech gibberish, but that's just the way i talk :P

Err.. he said "microbuttons" (microswitches are mechanically a different thing altogether).. and if you search the Internet "tactile switch" is a correct term.

What 'action' do these have / do they have a sort of on/off function, so they have two different settings/positions. (an OUT position and an pushed IN position)

That's the way: Switches are "normally open", and when pressed, the button shaft moves 1mm or less and makes a contact (and a "click" sound)

hope i make nyself clear... sorry for my non-tech gibberish, but that's just the way i talk
No no no.. ;) I hope I'm expressing myself with my lousy english clearly enough..

and yeah, those buttons are way COOL.. too bad I have already chosen buttons for my sequencer..

Bye, Moebius

Yeah..

I'd guess, that you KNOW the feel tactile switches have.. VCRs, CD-players.. you can find 'em almost everywhere with different buttons caps.. so if it moves just a little when pressed and "clicks", you can be pretty sure. Normally open, contact closes when pressed.

Bye, Moebius