Core without MIDIIn...

nILS

This is so annoying... My core is still not getting any MidiIn. I went thru the entire troubleshooting guide. Everything worked as described, but I still don't get any input.

I tried different 18Fs with the Bootloader on it. I get the upload request. Everything fine so far. The opto coupler is definately ok, too. I tested it with the opto test "board".

All components are in place and ok. The Midi sockets are ok and wired correctly.

I cannot seem to find any problem. Still the MidiIn is not working appararently.

Any more ideas before I throw that Core out?  :P

Thanks in advance,

nILS

That's cool. It's not like it your fault. ;)  As I said, I must be missing something horribly obvious. ??? I'll get another board on Monday, so I'll try that one and if it works (it hopefully will) I'll have something to compare.

nILS

Whoopie :D

I did miss something. I whipped my magnifying glass out and checked all connections again. And guess what. There was a tiny blob of soldering tin (about 0.5mm in diameter) stuck (not soldered) between the jumpers and the line to R2. Got it out and - tada - it's working! Thanks for all your help  ;D

nILS

I think I hexadecuple checked everything by now :D

It was not even a soldering problem really. It was just a tiny ball of tin that got stuck there. It wasn't even soldered onto the board. I was just sitting there ;) And if I hadn't accidentally found my magnifiying glass I'd never have found it. Strange. Thanks anyways!

nILS