Motorfaders on ebay

Steven_C

From an old automated MCI console. Motorfader circuit would need modification to handle the current. The driver chips may need to be replaced with higher current devices, as these faders use solenoids. The supply regulator would need upgrading but this is easy.

Downside... There is only 10 of them on offer. And it may be a long time before you see any more of these on offer.

and I'm not sure what the resistance value of these is.

Hey Steve

When I look at the pics, I don't think, that those are motorized. I don't see a Motor nor a magnetical driving coil and as far as I remember, was the 500 console VCA automated. There was an automation track which you had to record onto the analog multitracker and since your machine was in playback mode while mixdown, you were able to update the mix about 3 times, after that the offset from the recording head to the playbackhaed got too big  ;D

Greets, Roger

Hey all!

These are not motorized, but would work for a MIDIbox as regular faders. (quite clunky ones IMHO)

My advice to any MIDIboxer is to run screaming from these, unless you have one of these old MCI consoles parked in your garage.  If that's the case, step out of the 70's (or early 80's) for a while and know that modern automation has come a long way...

Save this good deal for the poor souls who are still keeping these old MCI's alive.....  ;)

Best!

Smash