JDM trouble MCLR is 12.8V!

Guest jkerman

Guest jkerman

am trying to program my PIC with the JDM, I can't get the MCLR value to read more than 12.8V.  I have tried adjusting the delay to 1, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on programming.

Do I need to use "direct mode" instead of "API mode" ?

is the windows2000 driver for the ic-prog required for windows XP?

Hi,

yes, Windows XP requires the win2000 driver as far as I know, otherwise the access to the serial interface is too slow, so that the C-charging unit of JDM (than faster the pulse, than higher the voltage) cannot be "pumped" to the required voltage levels.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest jkerman

Thanks for the reply!

I thought the chip needed 13V to enable programming, but it is only 12.

I am having trouble getting the windows 2000 driver to work though :(  I'll have to see if i can find an old win98 machine to play with.

Does anyone know if there is any linux software out there to program the JDM?

o :/

is XP a no-go or summin, is the any tips, advice etc for smooth trouble free opertation for JDM/XP configs that havn't been written....?

I'm all XP SP1 here thesedays... is it worth dusting of the old 98 CD and making a parition just to program the PICs....?

What are these win2000 drvs mentioned and is there a link to em on the ucapps site....?

Best....

Dan

Hi

Im running XP sp2

with IC prog 1.05 havent changed any settings and it works fine?

Dont know about using any other drivers? Just the standard IC prog seems to work just fine? for me anyhow, BTW my voltages are not quite as they should be but it burns fine every time?

It does sound like some peeps have had a few prob's with win2000/NT so as a last resort Win98/ME could be an option.

LO