MBSID CS - non working led, should I reassign it and how

Jurbo

Hi!

I have had many months of slow and successful building, but now encountered a problem:

The Osc Misc led doesn't light. I push the Osc Control button, and the Env and Asn leds work ok, but the Misc doesn't. The LCD does go to Misc mode. The led itself works, is in the right polarity and I get 220 ohms measured between the led's anode pin and the corresponding pin on the serial register chip. The led's ground is also connected ok.

I can't figure what could be wrong, so as a solution I thought that maybe I should rewire the led to one of the free pins on the second DOUT module (I'm using the default wiring for my DINs and DOUTs). It seems that  cs_menu_io_tables.inc would be the file to change, but I'm not sure how. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks!

P.S.  On a brighter note, after changing to SID 1.7 my two bankstick configuration works, I couldn't get the box to recognize the second memory module on the 1.6.  :)

GOD I FEEL STUPID!!!

Can't understand how I managed to make multiple checks (even measuring ohms) without seeing the obvious problem of a short circuit caused by bad soldering!!!

So my system is okay so far... A lesson learned: After double checking, triple check it!!!

;D

LOL  :D

If I had a dollar for every time I read, and re-read, and read again a section of code, and didn't see that one missing semicolon....... I would pay TK to quit his job  ;D

I think it's par for the course in this game eh :)

Yep, Twin-X, I guess sometimes there can be stupid questions... At least in my case there was...  ;D

I had a short that wasn't even hard to see once I seriously began to search for one. I was SO sure there couldn't be such a problem. I was very very careful while building the modules, and basically checked each joint after soldering, but this one sucker managed to sneak in...

Anyway, it's progressing really well now, I'd say that I have two building nights left at most and my glorious 2 x 8580 will be ready to RAWK  N RAWL!!!  8)

Oh, damn, I still have to find out how to change the 1.7 application to accept my joystick pots for the filter control... Haven't looked deep into it but it seems it's a bit different to 1.6 where I managed it... At least the other bits of the app seem to have changed, file names, etc... But I'll begin asking stupid questions on this matter later when it's absolutely necessary!  ;)