new Creamware synths coming soon!!!!!

moebius

hi ,

i'm an old creamware user ,and what we see in the three last year : no more developpement for all the guys (about 30000!!!)

that spend money in this platform  ,and the process go on!!!!! >:(

our creamware card are near to be out of date ,and when i call to ask them "when the next update, when the next more powerfull DSP board ,they reply :"we now axe our development on broadcast and radio setup"!!

(means: don't care no more about your "little euros" ).

With this new gear ,they probably want to get new customers ,and recycle all the ANALOG DEVICE ships they still have in stock so...

And now :they recycle two already done synths ,included in a controleur that some guy build two years ago (it was a "Minimax" controler still show two year ago in a music MESS or such evenment!)

I hope the future will prove me i'm wrong ,cause the MODULAR synth and the vectron are probably my favorites ones on the PC platform ,and there is no better emulation of oldies than the creamware one ! 

But this two synth ,supposing they are the same we still get on our cards ,are realy great ,and take a look to this one from John Bowen:

http://www.zargmusic.com/

Thank you for your informative post! ;D

..rumours, just rumours (out of the Analogue Heaven mailing list) tells, that CW is having a sort of financial troubles.. and from what I've read - they just renamed some old cards with a new software as "new products" - meaning that old users need to "upgrade", yes - only the software, and pay for it.

I think Creamware concept is really interesting one, along with Yamaha, they were the only company to move a thing called soundcard from being a basic audio I/O system to be something else.

Today - I'm a hardware kind of guy, that had his VSTi period in the past - So, I love to see stuff like this coming out as hardware... I've also heard, that Creamware emulations are just the best you can have.  ::)

Bye, Moebius

they just renamed some old cards with a new software as "new products"

: exactly ,and the software upgrade is nothing else than bug correction (and a new logo!)

I've also heard, that Creamware emulations are just the best you can have.

yes ,i've never find best emulation ,it's why i will never sell my boards ,and some of the synth really have a particular sound that make them distinct from other stuff .

if you build a dedicated controler for a creamware synth ,you will get something as good as a Clavia synth like the nord ,it's true ,and the system is now really stable ,but to have the 16 voices of a nord lead ,you will nead at least two 800euros boards (+the price of your controler) ,"it don't mean a thing" !!!! And the midi implementation is a beat tedious on this platform !

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a creamware user since 2000 and i have to say that they synths ROCKS and have the most beatiful sounds among emulations.

the ASB are a very good product at an affordable price according to me (the VST minimoogs cost maybe a little less , but eat LOTS of CPU power, soudn worse and dont' have the wonderful control intefcace ;) ), and i hope that they will bring some cash into creamware!

i hope that they will continue to rock for years to come!! :-)