New toys in town...

d2k

for the price ,they say about 1000 euros for the "mixer configuration" (but which mixer?) .

this society is  located near my home (100km !) ,so i think i will go to see their boxes soon and make my report for the community..

;)

Hmm, well I doubt that this would be an unnameized and modified copy of Thorsten's MIDIbox and MIOS by any means. Similarity exists but the idea behind this device is hardly that unique though. It is however quite possible that the inventors of this box have taken a look to MIDIbox as well - and who knows how many other projects and existing products around (eg. Doepfer Musikelektronik's stuff). I suppose MIDIboxers are free to absorb the ideas from the Mazer construction as well, which looks like pretty neat I think.

Regards, Petri

I suppose MIDIboxers are free to absorb the ideas from the Mazer construction as well, which looks like pretty neat I think.

you're right.

and another  good idea from this guys : the preset of each control part is stocked in the module itself .

maybe this modular design will incite some MIDIboxer to work on a schématic to make PCB ready to plug (for e.g. 4 encoders or 8 buttons) .

it's possible to design e.g. a 1xdin board with the hole for 8 buttons or/and 4 enc , even if such design go against the versatility of the MB project ,it 's a way to convainc begginners to start in it .

but i think that this modular way in fact is limiting the original modularity of the concept ,and will make the MIDIboxes looks "standardised" ,not a good thing!

never forget that you can build a very big MIDIbox if you get enough money to buy one of this gear ...