Pg-800 clone/ Jx8p controller

Cyanide

i'm thinkin about cloning a pg-800, it's a midi hardware-controller for the jx8p.

http://hem.passagen.se/tkolb/art/synth/images/pg800.jpg

i'm thinkin about fitting it in the synth.

1question that's already crackin my skull

=> the pg-800 uses fader that kan only slide in 3 or 4 positions( for example the waveform slidersl)

Are they for sale, and what are they named?

are they compatible with the  whole midibox project?

all help is appreciated.

ps: i don't need an lcd to configure the whole thing, do i ?

1question that's already crackin my skull

=> the pg-800 uses fader that kan only slide in 3 or 4 positions( for example the waveform slidersl)

Are they for sale, and what are they named?

are they compatible with the  whole midibox project?

... are they detended/switches or not? Like, do you feel "clicks" when you move them in another position or do they feel like regular sliders and suddenly they switch in another mode?

If so, you could program in your application, that you have 3 partitions of the whole slider way and as soon as you reach a new partition, the box sends a change to the syth and stays in this mode until you reach another partition.

Greets, Roger

Something I forgot....

Apart from the remotecontrol connector (for the pg-800) the jx8p can also be controled via midi.

You could get the prog JXEDIT and log the mididata with midi-ox. Then you could make the midibox

you want to build do what ever you want.

maybe I'm just talking crap :)...

yeah but it doesn't necesarrily have to be the pg-800.

plus the jx8p controller software is completely midi, and that seems to work okay.

at the slider question.

they're the kind of slideSTOp slide Stop

so i was thinkin about  switches with more than two positions

i also need some with 2 but, i think about 8 of them are 4 positions.

thanx for the reply's by the way =)

i'll post pic's of  the jx8p-Lx as soon as possible( Jx with built in midi controller:p)

That's right, Steven ;D

Anyway, nickca did it for MKS-80. Here's the forum link and you'll find edited mb64_meta.inc from there. http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/forum/index.php?topic=3181.msg21434#msg21434

That MUST be useful as I think all the needed SysEx data structures are there. Just modify it for your synth. I haven't checked how switches are treaded there.

Those are 4-way slide switches on PG-800, I'm sure - something that's not so easy to come by. I'd probably use rotary switches.

Bye, Moebius