Power consumption

basta73

So,

how do I figure out how much power will be consumed by a midibox?  I think I understand simple consumption like LED's, switches and pots, but, how do you figure out how much power will be consumed by motorfaders?  

I was under the impression that 1000 mA was the absolute highest that should run through the core, but...

???

I consciously got motorfaders that were 5v to keep that much consistent.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Hi,

I ran 2 midibox 64's off a single 500ma plugpack for a while (no motorfaders) but you would have to find the specificatons for maximum current draw of the motorfaders to calculate which size plugpack/transformer you need.

A circuit only draws as much current as it needs to....

example

-an led with a series resistor will only draw a few milliamps from a 6v torch battery, but an electric motor with a load can draw many more amps from the very same battery.

that's as much as I can help as I'm not familiar with the motorfader option.....

from Steve C

Hi

The MF Board has a seperate P/S approx15v controllable with a pot on the MF board (allows you to fine tune the Voltage for your particular faders.)

The Core only needs 5v@500mA

5V faders..... are perfect for this application most people have 5V faders, so you can build the MF module without modification  :D