MBLC buttons/led design check

d2k

Hi...

Just a quick 1 to make sure how i've planned the button/LED assignment for my box (basically an exact clone). As I'm making etched boards to hold the buttons/LEDs, i'd like to make sure it'll all work nicely beforehand...;)

LC_check1.jpg

NOTE: the pic is missing the 8 signal LEDS, these will be placed under the LCD...

Cheers...

Dan

o, and would it be possible to have (along with the 8 panasonic motorfaders) a single 10k linear fader to an AIN module to act as the Master Fader as on the LC too...?

Also, are there any special notes on using the panasonic motorfaders? conductive knobs or nefin?

Once again... Thanks! ;))

Dan

apologies :P all is clear now, shudda realised to consult the LC pdf...

so the leds are assigned in midibox16e_lc.ini or is the corresponding output on the dout module automatically assigned to the LC function? ie: rude solo (ID 73) would be LED #64 (which would be on the 2nd dout module)...

however, looking at midibox16e_lc.ini file I notcied:

[LED_MAP]

LED_SR7 = 8    # (Button ID #57-#64)

So I assume this means that as rude solo is on ID 73, it wont work - but could the midibox_mf_lc.ini f/w on the 2nd core handle ID's upwards of 64, thus allowing rude solo, smpte, beats and relay click LEDs to be lit when the appropriate button is pressed?

Guessin I missed summin..again :/

That panasonic motorfader installation q is still valid too ;)

cheers

Hi Dan,

it seems that I miss your design idea - it's nice & compact - great - and can be realized much easier than my MBLC (-> faster success! :) - just one suggestion: if the encoders don't include a button. you should add some below the display or somewhere else, because these are one of the most important buttons for the HUI menu navigation. LEDs are not required for these buttons. Maybe it's a good idea to use the minature ones...

Another note: with the first release (probable in two weeks) only one 18F core will be required for 128 inputs (buttons and encoders), 128 outputs (LEDs and LED rings) and the graphical LCD & it will also be possible to connect up to 64 pots. I've planned to organize the data structures on a different way like known from the PIC16F MIDIboxes.

With MBNG up to 256 different MIDI events can be defined and assigned to buttons, LEDs, pots, encoders, etc. independently. An example configuration: 128 buttons and 64 LEDs (assigned to the MIDI events of the first 64 buttons), 32 encoders, 32 LED-rings (assigned to the MIDI events of encoders) and 64 pots...

For LC emulation the buttons/LEDs are more important, so here another example configuration: 9 encoders, 8 LED rings, up to 110 buttons, up to 96 LEDs and up to 64 pots/faders (NOT motorfaders!).

Don't ask me how I calculated this, it will be clear with the first release... ;-)

Motorfaders will require an additional core like before. I would prefer conductive knobs, even if these faders don't come with a touch track.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

so clear, so concise ;) thanks man!

yup those encoder do have buttons housed inside (they are the ones i made from a bunch of old serial mice - posted a thread a week or so ago with some pics ;))

so here another example configuration: 9 encoders, 8 LED rings, up to 110 buttons, up to 96 LEDs and up to 64 pots/faders

... sounds good to me!  ;D

peace...

Dan