Help with C64 PSU 1xCore/Sid and 4xCore/Sid

Acid303

Hi,

i am a totally newbie to electronics, but i managed to get the Core-module and the sid-module running so far. My main problem now is that i don't know exactly how to build a proper PSU out of the original C64 PSU and an old C64.

Core and Sid-module were quite easy to build because of the layout and so on, everthing was to find on the website.

But for the PSU  I only have the mbhp_4xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf and the mbhp_sid_c64_psu.pdf which is "just" for the wiring. I don't have that much skills that i can build a proper PCB out of that.

Maybe someone can send me a nice Layout for a PCB-board so that i can build a PCB "as easy" as a core-module? Just a small explanation what parts i really need and where to stuff them right.

Just send your layout to my mail-adress. Thanks very much in advance.....

Axel

• 3 months later...

I finished my PSU as well without help . . just think a little bit and follow the optimized_psu-pdf schematic. It's fun !

And even did it with a self made bridge rectificator, because i bought the parts and the shop gave me the "parts" of a rectificator, not a rectificator itself.    ;D  After squeeze your brain a little bit it's fun ! Ask to an electronics professor at your institute/college. That gave me a lot of help in all this stuff, as well understanding electronics and know other important things like using a multimeter.

Fight for it !

Best regards.