home made SID

visionx

Hey,

I'm like super new at this whole thing and I'm in the process of starting my very own midibox SID. So is there anyone who can tell me how realistic it is to just make the SID module from scratch or do I absolutely have to canibalize 4 c-64's?

For now I have 1 commodore 64 I got from ebay but I would like to have the complete 4 Sid module project. Off ebay it gets to be real expensive.. is there any cheaper way of getting that component?

mïka

:-\

When you are lucky, c64's turn up right under your nose. I work at a 2nd hand shop and I've gotten 3 that way (2 with 8580, 1 with 6581.) Last year I worked on a farm and the owner had an old one in his attic he gave me (a 6581).

And I met an organization that makes art with old computer parts (http://www.raccattaee.net); I asked if they had any and they found one for me. (I dont know which kind, I actually pick it up tonight!)

strangest things.. looks like c64's found me. On my way to work about 10 feet from my place a neighboor was having a garage sale and at the corner of my eye as I passed by I seen a c64. Turns out he had a box with 4 of them. 1 with the 6581 chip and 3 with the 8580!!! I'm also got one from ebay that has the 6581 in it. So I got quite a collection now.