MIDIbox(es) of the Week (MB16, MBCV, MBFM, MBSID, MBSEQ by Armin)

TK.

• 2 months later...
im curious ...what usually comes in those little aluminum canisters (seen next to the midibox sid) ..got a couple of them at home ..and have absolutely no idea what they were made for...

I have lots of them too. Back in the 60ties and 70ties you could buy photo films in thees capsules. Today they're made out of plasic.

I have lots of them too. Back in the 60ties and 70ties you could buy photo films in thees capsules. Today they're made out of plasic.

Since I´m a biochemist working in a Lab for some years I collected many of them. They were used to store reagents.

In this special case the aluminium canister is used to collect the little tin drops which occure while soldering.

To remove them from your project is very helpfull to prevent short circuits which eventually can destroy your project.

When this canister is full I will heat it up and pour it into cold water. In German you call this "Bleigießen". Of ourse you

can store also other things in it :-)