Building a MB64 - a few questions

drin

Hi all! First of all, Thorsten, thanks! I found ucApps a few years ago and filed it away in case I ever decided to build my own controller. That time is now!

I'm building a MB64 to support Traktor 3.0 (full screenshot at http://www.nativeinstruments.de/typo3temp/pics/8ad53c53c6.jpg).  I've decided on what controls I want on my controller, a face layout, and all the eay stuff. Now I've ordered my initial batch of parts, but I have a couple of questions.

1. In this thread http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=4503.0 there was mention of someone working on a 'shift' button. I'm presuming this is a button that shifts the action of other buttons to do something different than they would usually do. Is this correct? Did anyone ever get it working?

2. Along the same line, how about a multi-state button? I've seen in some threads discussion on buttons that are (for example) tri-state - they go from State A to State B to State C and back to State A, changing every time they're pressed. Did anyone ever implement this in hardware or in MIOS?

3. I want to use 3-position SPDT switches in my MB64 for EQ kills. They're OFF-ON-Momentary OFF, with the third position returning to the center when released. I don't foresee this being a problem (I should just have to tie the OFF-OFF poles together before connecting them to the DIN, right?) but I wanted to check.

Thanks again for such a great kit, Thorsten! Much appreciated! And thanks to everyone else for all your great posts and help in advance!

-Adrian